Heartlines, a Johannesburg-based NPO that uses media-driven initiatives to encourage South Africans to live out good values, is looking for a tech-savvy, creative and versatile website and multimedia content manager to help us tell the story of everything we are doing to change the world.
The role would include:
- Managing and maintaining our websites and social media platforms, including CMS, analytics and SEO
- Conducting interviews, writing blogs, social media posts and articles on Heartlines events
- Designing marketing material (posters, banners, flyers, brochures, etc.)
- Producing multimedia content (including newsletters, vlogs)
- Basic photography, camera work and video and audio editing
- 5 years’ experience in similar role with:
- Web content management systems, especially WordPress
- Graphic and web interface design and multimedia tools such as with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop) or similar
- Knowledge of various social media platforms including facebook, Mailchimp, Shopify, GoogleAds, Youtube, Soundcloud
- Good knowledge of web and social media trends
- Passion for reading and learning
- Must want to make the world a better place
- Able to adapt and multi-task, to meet deadlines and to work independently as well as in a team
- Innovative, and always looking to do things well
- Purposeful with time and quality of work
- Personal integrity and a willingness to serve are a must
- Ability to look for creative ways to tell the Heartlines story to different people across different platforms
Location: Dunkeld West, Johannesburg. Occasional need to travel within South Africa so driver’s license preferable.
Hours: This is a full-time position, Monday – Friday, 8 hours per day
Salary: Market and experience related
Duration: Since we are a donor-based NGO, the position is contract-based, renewed annually depending on funding.
Timeframe: Please send a copy of your CV and portfolio to email@example.com (can include links) by 7 September 2018. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to produce some work as part of the interview process.