Heartlines is looking for a mid-level to senior copywriter and proof-reader for a short-term contract.
Does this sound like you?
- I love words, words and more words
- Reading and writing are my BFFs
- I know how to write copy for various media: digital, print, social media, brochures, press releases, annual reports … you name it, I can write it
- My writing style is versatile and can be adapted to various sectors and audiences of South Africa
- Fixing spelling mistakes and grammar gremlins make my day
If you’ve said YES to all of the above, you’ll also need:
- A diploma or degree in any off the following: English, Linguistics, Language, Journalism or Communications
- At least four years’ experience in writing copy, developing content, proof-reading/sub-editing – essential
- Additional South African language(s) – beneficial
What are the practicalities?
- This is a 6-month contract position, based in Johannesburg
- Part-time with flexible hours
How about personal values and abilities?
- A high level of integrity and a willingness to serve
- Ability to stay calm and meet varying, often-changing deadlines
- We need a TEAM player – please leave your ego at the door
If this sounds like you, do this next:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following attachments:
- A concise CV highlighting all employment (paid or voluntary), education and skills relevant to this position (no more than 2 pages)
- Selected examples of any written work, printed or online
- A reference letter from a previous employer, colleague or mentor
- Mark your subject line: Copywriter position
Closing date for applications: 1 September 2017.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified by Wednesday, 6 September.
Salary: based on skills and experience.
Starting date for position: September/October 2017.